March was yet another busy month on all fronts, with a new project starting up every time another one finished. Here are the ones that have made it safely out the door.
My favorite banner campaign this time around would probably be this set for STAR Bank, done via Publicis Indianapolis. The retro design elements were fun to play with and they animated nicely too.
I also did another LED ribbon board for TriHealth, this time destined for display at the Cincinnati Reds stadium! A pretty straightforward animation in After Effects showcasing the many TriHealth locations.
I got to tackle a new client via Publicis, as well, with this web campaign for Simon Malls. No Flash banners this time; instead, I got to design an HTML eblast and two different kinds of expandable ads. The highlight was probably concepting the “corner peel” ad, trying to make everything fit in a triangle instead of the usual ho-hum rectangles we designers are always working with.
This Biomet web campaign (done with B&Y) was a challenge due to a very tight turnaround window — not to mention the other rush work I was already fielding for other clients! But we got ‘em out the door on time.
And I had more stuff for Parkview this month as well. First was a new version of the “flipping boxes” PRMC campaign I did back in January: the PRMC is now open, and Parkview wanted a similar (but not identical) banner campaign to advertise it. B&Y’s fabulous Nicki Lewis worked some photography into the existing design aesthetic, which definitely helps this round stand out from the last.
Unfortunately, the highly technical process of coding the box flips (plus some complications from the more complex design this time around) meant that I was in for several long sessions of plug-and-chug animating, but I’m very happy with the finished result.
I also did a PRMC-themed update to the Flash header on the Parkview website. I first built this header back in 2009, and I’ve been called upon to update it every couple months over the past 3 years. See the latest version in action at parkview.com.
Black Rose Issue #6 was recently released, as I mentioned in a previous post, and I’m prepping for our next couple of cons. And knee-deep in Word documents as I begin the heavy-duty editing process for our next arc of story.
The rest of my March work is still ongoing or just wrapping up, so I should have a meaty April post as well. Plus a roundup of links and interviews from the A is for Ackbar project. Stay tuned!